Talk:How to rename the default namespace in Windows Phone app project
Hamishwillee - Thanks
Even as a beginner programmer I've already run into this problem, so it is very useful indeed. I've given this a basic subedit and added some categories.
- Note that currently "MS Visual Studio" is not officially in the Windows Phone hierarchy - the right category is "Tools for Windows Phone". I will probably add it in at some point, but will need to clean up some previous articles from its incarnation as a Symbian IDE.
- I added "General Programming" because you might not think to look in tools for renaming. If you think you would, then feel free to remove that category.
- IF you just want to change the namespace which has no parent, do you need to do the rest of the changes - ie checking the project property page. If you don't, I'd split into two sections.
In terms of "room for improvement" - at your discretion, this is still very useful as is.
- The error code if you get a mismatch between xaml and csharp isn't very useful. Might be worth listing here with explanation.
- Might be worth having very simple "before and after" code snippets in C# and XAML showing where the namespace is changed.
talk) 09:42, 12 July 2013 (EEST)(
Hamishwillee - PS Why "overview"Because this is very much a "How to" like How to detect if an app is running in Kid’s Corner
talk) 09:45, 12 July 2013 (EEST)(
Influencer - Willdo
I'll look into it tonite. 'MS Visual Studio' was the category I found in category chooser that I thought fitted most.Is there a table of categories and their usage?Thomas
talk) 10:23, 12 July 2013 (EEST)(
Influencer - Didit
Especially describing the effect of a wrong/undefined startup object showed me again how cruel life can be. Small misconduct and you might search for a long time!T
talk) 23:44, 12 July 2013 (EEST)(
Hamishwillee - Excellent - further breakdown
Thank you. I've split the solution into separate sections for with parent and without and added numbered bullets. I think this is helpful - not sure if should actually have separate section headings for this. If you disagree feel free to revert that bit, but propose that you should have numbered list still because that makes more readable.
'MS Visual Studio' was the category I found in category chooser that I thought fitted most.Is there a table of categories and their usage?
I am in the process of moving from tags to category tree, so still refining those. You can see the structure in progress, with most of the interesting categories under "General Programming on Windows Phone". The names should generally be obvious.
Going forward I will be updating the instructions on adding categories etc. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks when I've finished moving all articles to the new structure.
talk) 08:30, 15 July 2013 (EEST)(