Talk:QML Change Password Dialog
Hamishwillee - Fantastic job
Implementations of QML components for Symbian that people are going to need, and which are reusable, is exactly what we need. This is the inspiration behind the contributor of the month topic for both this and last month (see Wiki_Home "Wanted").
I have subedited this to add an Abstract, create a few sections, and use Icode to mark up inline code. I think its more readable. Hope you agree. You could split this QML up a bit and explain it in more detail, but its quite clear as-is.
In terms of "how you've done it", I think its quite in-line with the Symbian "way".
However if it were me I'd:
- Add minimum number of characters as a check instead of allowing empty password
- Perhaps add filters for allowing only numbers etc.
- Remove the Go button and automatically start matching as soon as the number is over the minimum. When both values match, then close the dialog without Go button
- In the case where clear text is used, you can remove the confirmation field since they can see what they are doing wrong.
As a complete aside, I'm wondering if we should define a project for these sorts of components or somehow get them added into git in the standard "Extras". Any thoughts on that?
06:15, 7 March 2012 (EET)
Den123 - Nice ideas
Yes, I agree with your corrections. Also I like your idea about minimum number of characters, I will add this feature and correct the article.Separate project for such sorts of components - good idea. How many articles/components for this project we already have? Maybe we should wait for at least for several new articles?
07:51, 7 March 2012 (EET)
Hamishwillee - Excellent
Thanks very much. I liked this so much that I've referenced the article from the home page in the Wanted section. I've also recommended it as "Featured", but there is quite a lot of competition for that this week. Great job.
Separate project for such sorts of components - good idea. How many articles/components for this project we already have? Maybe we should wait for at least for several new articles?
- I think we can start the project with only one component, IF we can think up a number of other standard components that we'd like to see. This gives us a roadmap and something to ask any new joiners for. I'm more than happy to co-manage this with you if you want my help. I'm good on documentation and OK at QML.
- Providing a brief overview on how to write platform specific components would also be helpful - ie I like that you wrote this out of existing platform components, thereby inheriting platform style without having to do anything special.
If you're happy to go ahead I suggest you create the project and upload your code. Add me as co-admin (if you're OK with that). I prefer very permissive licensing and Mercurial. I can then start creating some docs.
02:20, 8 March 2012 (EET)
Den123 - ProjectI will start project later, now Projects pages are offline for maintenance.
11:13, 11 March 2012 (EET)
Hamishwillee - ThanksLets continue the discussion on that project once you're able to create it.
00:32, 12 March 2012 (EET)
Den123 - I have started project
http://developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/File:Symcommunityqtquickextras.zip ChangePasswordDialog is a part of this project.Do not know why, but Summary page shows error :(
19:59, 12 March 2012 (EET)
Bkly nokia - Include RAknKeyLock API to implement QML screen locker?
Will you able to include RAknKeyLock API to implement QML screen locker? Any clues how to utilize above QML to integrate with RAknKeyLock API?It would be nice if able to do so.
13:12, 12 April 2012 (EEST)