Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Talk:QML SMShelper Plugin
Hi, Can you please attache source code file with the article ?
Biskero -Yes, a working source code would be great since getting some errors while trying to compile this code
22:03, 8 November 2011 (EET)
Texrat - smshelper source codeI'm new to Qt. I don't know how to implement the actual smshelper source code. I see instructions for the header file, and main.cpp, but what about the source file itself? Where does it go, what is it named?
19:30, 29 November 2011 (EET)
NielsMayer - I'm trying to solve a similar issue for VoiceToGoog, here's my findingshttp://code.google.com/p/voicetogoog/issues/detail?id=1
20:43, 29 November 2011 (EET)
Vineet.jain - Example ProjectI have attached a sample project named Smssender . It contains the code for entering a text in the text box & clicking a button 'Create SMS' will open the phone's default sms editor with the text as entered in the textbox & contact to whom sms is to be send is to be chosen by the user from the contact book.
14:14, 12 December 2011 (EET)
Hamishwillee - Vineet.jain - Example Project - thank you!
Thanks very much for the example project. A couple of questions.
- The "Example use QML" section at end was broken - can you fill that in?
- This currently suggests in ArticleMetaData using Qt SDK v4.7 and separate Qt Mobility. Can we just use the latest Qt SDK 1.1.4?
- Is there really a Symbian dependency (ie would this run on MeeGo)? In that case we'd remove the Symbian category.
I've added the SMS category
01:25, 13 December 2011 (EET)
Vineet.jain - Clarification about the Project
Hello Hamish , let me clarify with the questions you have asked:
1) The example project i have attached does not include the "Example use QML" section(nor" Import sms plugin in QML" section), the way i have linked the C++ code to QML is bit different.
2) I have tested the code using the Qt SDK 1.1.3 , so i hope it should work on the latest Qt SDK 1.1.4.
3) I have build-ed/tested this project for MeeGo platform only(tested on N9 & N950 ), no Symbian dependency/requirement is there.
Also , the example project i have attached is not completely like the code given above, though its quite same but there are some differences, but the end result of course is same(sending the sms)
09:28, 15 December 2011 (EET)
Hamishwillee - Vineet - thanks for the clarification
Thanks very much for the clarification.
Presumably your code improves over what is here - so perhaps worth copying that in place. In any case, its worth having a section describing the differences between your code and that displayed so people don't get confused.
02:06, 16 December 2011 (EET)