Talk:QML SMShelper Plugin
Hi, Can you please attache source code file with the article ?
Biskero -Yes, a working source code would be great since getting some errors while trying to compile this code
22:03, 8 November 2011 (EET)
Texrat - smshelper source codeI'm new to Qt. I don't know how to implement the actual smshelper source code. I see instructions for the header file, and main.cpp, but what about the source file itself? Where does it go, what is it named?
19:30, 29 November 2011 (EET)
NielsMayer - I'm trying to solve a similar issue for VoiceToGoog, here's my findingshttp://code.google.com/p/voicetogoog/issues/detail?id=1
20:43, 29 November 2011 (EET)
Vineet.jain - Example ProjectI have attached a sample project named Smssender . It contains the code for entering a text in the text box & clicking a button 'Create SMS' will open the phone's default sms editor with the text as entered in the textbox & contact to whom sms is to be send is to be chosen by the user from the contact book.
14:14, 12 December 2011 (EET)
Hamishwillee - Vineet.jain - Example Project - thank you!
Thanks very much for the example project. A couple of questions.
- The "Example use QML" section at end was broken - can you fill that in?
- This currently suggests in ArticleMetaData using Qt SDK v4.7 and separate Qt Mobility. Can we just use the latest Qt SDK 1.1.4?
- Is there really a Symbian dependency (ie would this run on MeeGo)? In that case we'd remove the Symbian category.
I've added the SMS category
01:25, 13 December 2011 (EET)
Vineet.jain - Clarification about the Project
Hello Hamish , let me clarify with the questions you have asked:
1) The example project i have attached does not include the "Example use QML" section(nor" Import sms plugin in QML" section), the way i have linked the C++ code to QML is bit different.
2) I have tested the code using the Qt SDK 1.1.3 , so i hope it should work on the latest Qt SDK 1.1.4.
3) I have build-ed/tested this project for MeeGo platform only(tested on N9 & N950 ), no Symbian dependency/requirement is there.
Also , the example project i have attached is not completely like the code given above, though its quite same but there are some differences, but the end result of course is same(sending the sms)
09:28, 15 December 2011 (EET)
Hamishwillee - Vineet - thanks for the clarification
Thanks very much for the clarification.
Presumably your code improves over what is here - so perhaps worth copying that in place. In any case, its worth having a section describing the differences between your code and that displayed so people don't get confused.
02:06, 16 December 2011 (EET)