Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
ThakirPrayerTimes QML - app showcase
Thakir_PrayerTimes provides prayer times for many cities in many countries. This article explains the main elements of the app design.
ThakirPrayerTimes_QML is the ported application ThakirPrayerTimes published in ovi store: http://store.ovi.com/content/65267/ In this project I am trying to give all features that have ThakirPrayerTimes (used QWidget) to ThakirPrayerTimes_QML where I use exclusively QtQuick and Java script The application use many Qt Quick Components:
- PageStack and page for differents pages of application
- PositionSource to get latitude and longitude using GPS
- Map is used to get latitude and longitude of city
- SQLite database is used to get city informations and to store settings
- QtMultimediaKit to play Alert and Athan
- Row, Column, Label, TextArea, RadioButton ....
It remains to add some options:
- I have to use Compass to detect Qibla direction
- Active silent profile with XQProfile
- Active vibration with xqvibra
- Add Home Screen Widget for the application
- Add autostart
- Add to it all features of my QWidget application (http://store.ovi.com/content/65267) using QtQuick
- Make a MeeGo N9 version
ScreenShots for Symbian^3 version
You can download it from http://store.ovi.com/content/267595
Note: This is an entry in the Symbian Qt Quick Components Competition 2012Q1