Useful Control Environment Functions
CCoeCOntrol usage for drawing provides some very useful functions for free that enable you to perform a wide variety of tasks-ranging from querying screen devices to employing resource files for handling localized descriptor strings. The control environment member variable of CCoeControl,iCoeEnv is particularly valuable.Some of those functions functions this provides are as follows:
- Obtains a handle to the application AppUi, as type CCoeAppUiBase
- Obtains a handle to a File Server Session
- Obtains a handle to the application's Windows Server session.
- Normal Font()
- Obtains a handle to the Normal Font of the system
- Obtains a handle to the screen device
- Reads a descriptor resource into a descriptor variable
- Reads general resource into a descriptor for later conversion into true class type--for example, a User Interface Component declared in a resource file
- Simulates key presses and can aid debugging.