Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
VoIP settings provisioning
Some Nokia Symbian 3rd edition devices have VoIP functionality, allowing to make phonecalls without using the GSM operators infrastrucure. The call is made using VoIP technology (also known as MoIP - Mobile Voice over IP) over Wi-Fi or 3G/GPRS connectivity.
This service requires a correct set-up of the device. This can be achieved in a number of ways:
1) manually - the user inputs all the required settings manually on the device. This method does not allow full control of all parameters
2) Over The Air (OTA) using:
- Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Client Provisioning
- Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) Device Management
In this case settings are delivered to the device over tha air as binary xml documents. In order to incorporate this strategy a server capable of Client Provisioning/Device Management is required.
3) using VoIP plugin - a .sisx file that provisions the VoIP settings (Nokia N80IE)
Please refer to the following Nokia Developer website for more information: Voice over IP Service