Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
WISE Syncronization Logic
- Every device sets the time frame when it is available for synchronization by setting the start time and duration.
- In this example every device has the same starting time for synchronization. Each device starts the process by running as a client and searching for available servers.
- None of them finds an available server and sleeps for a while (random time between MIN time and MAX time).
- Next the devices start a server service and wait for clients. If no client tries to connect within a wait time the device sleeps again and tries to find a server again. The server's wait time varies randomly between MIN time and MAX time.
- The random times should cause the devices to be in a condition where one device is running as a server and another is running as a client.
- A synchronization is then run between the devices