Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
Tip: Please read this article before moving forward: Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
This article is a base for creating a new project to work with Qt Mobility APIs in this series. The subsequent articles are based on the project template explained in this article.
In this series, Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used as an IDE. At the time of writing, Carbide.c++ v2.4 does not come with a single installation package. User needs to first download Carbide.c++ v2.3. Once downloaded, upgrade it to Carbide.c++ v2.4 as shown in the following points.
- Download Carbide.c++ v2.3 from here: Carbide.c++ IDE
- Upgrade Carbide.c++ v2.3 to Carbide.c++ v2.4 as explained in this blog entry: Upgrade to Carbide.c++ v2.4
- Or check the following video for upgrading it to Carbide.c++ v2.4:
The media player is loading...
Create a new Qt project from Carbide.c++ as shown in this image
Select a Qt GUI Widget project type as shown in this image
Create a new project by providing a name as shown in the following image
Select a preferred SDK from the available SDKs supported by Qt
Proceed with the next step. Press "Next" with the default selection as shown below
Tip: At the time of writing, there is a small issue with the Qt project creation in the Carbide.c++ v2.4 with the randomly generated UID. With the new project creation, it should generate Random UID by default but it does not. To make sure it creates a new random UID with each new project, press on "Random" button as shown in the following image.
Articles in this series
- Getting started with Qt Mobility APIs
- Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Working with QSystemDeviceInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemStorageInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemDisplayInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 2