Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Application startup usability
Application startup should follow these usability guidelines
- Starting an application should not take much time, ideally 4-5 sec should be OK. If the application startup is taking more time, a splash screen with a progress bar should be provided.
- During startup if any audio/video clip is played, the user should be able to control the sound.
- High priority system events like incoming call should be given priority.
- Low memory conditions should be handled properly.
- By default, application should not start by its own. If the application features auto-start at reboot, users should be given an option to reset this behaviour.