(Difference between revisions)
Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
From Nokia Developer Wiki
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
* Install the S60 SDK
* Install the S60 SDK: [http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.nokia.com/id/ec866fab-4b76-49f6-b5a5-af0631419e9c/S60_All_in_One_SDKs.html S60 Platform and Device SDKs for Symbian OS]
* Use Carbide.c++ or Qt Creator as an IDE In this , Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used.
* Use Carbide.c++ or Qt Creator as an IDE
*Carbide.c++[http://www.forum.nokia.com////Carbide.c++/ Carbide.c++ v2.3]
* Upgrade it to as shown in [http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/lucian-tomutas-forum-nokia-blog/2010/02/01/upgrade-to-carbide.c-2.4 .
* Upgrade it to
= Steps =
= Steps =
Revision as of 12:36, 21 June 2010
This article covers how to set up environment to work with Qt Mobility API.
- Install the S60 SDK: S60 Platform and Device SDKs for Symbian OS. (In this article, S60 5th Edition SDK is used)
- Use Carbide.c++ or Qt Creator as an IDE ((In this article, Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used).
Setup Qt 4.6.2
- Download Qt 4.6.2 for Symbian from here: qt-symbian-opensource-4.6.2.exe
- Install it on your PC.
- Choose the path of installation
- Choose the Symbian SDK
- Qt 4.6.2 provides its own configured command prompt with the variables set
- Once the installation of Qt 4.6.2 is completed, you can find the Qt command prompt as shown in the following picture:
- Use this command prompt to work with Qt development which will make the process easier
Setup Qt Mobility API 1.0.0 beta 1
- After successful installation of Qt 4.6.2, the next step is to build Qt Mobility APIs
- Download QtMobility API: new-qt-apis
- Extract it to the folder of your wish. In this series, it is extracted to C:\QtMobility\ (Make sure to extract all the files directly under C:\QtMobility API to make the efforts easier)
- Once you have extracted the Qt Mobility API, perform the following steps:
- make debug-winscw
- make release-gcce
Installation for device
- Download .sis for your Symbian device from this link: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/solutions/qt-mobility-symbian-1.0.0-beta1.zip
- Extract that .zip file and you will find install_to_device folder in it.
- Install the qt-mobility-1.0.0-beta1.sis from install_to_device on your mobile phone.
- Getting started with Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Working with QSystemDeviceInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemStorageInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemDisplayInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 2