Revision as of 12:13, 19 March 2010 by
Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
From Nokia Developer Wiki
This article covers how to set up environment to work with Qt Mobility API.
- Install the S60 SDK.
- In this series, S60 5th Edition SDK is used as a base. Download it from here: S60 Platform and Device SDKs for Symbian OS
- Use Carbide.c++ or Qt Creator as an IDE
- In this series, Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used.
- First install Carbide.c++ v2.3. Download it from here: Carbide.c++ v2.3
- Upgrade it to Carbide.c++ v2.4 as shown in this blog: Upgrade to Carbide.c++ 2.4
Setup Qt 4.6.2
- Download Qt 4.6.2 for Symbian from here: qt-symbian-opensource-4.6.2.exe
- Install it on your PC.
- Choose the path of installation
- Choose the Symbian SDK
- Qt 4.6.2 provides its own configured command prompt with the variables set
- Once the installation of Qt 4.6.2 is completed, you can find the Qt command prompt as shown in the following picture:
- Use this command prompt to work with Qt development which will make the process easier
Setup Qt Mobility API 1.0.0 beta 1
- After successful installation of Qt 4.6.2, the next step is to build Qt Mobility APIs
- Download QtMobility API: new-qt-apis
- Extract it to the folder of your wish. In this series, it is extracted to C:\QtMobility\ folder (Make sure to all the files directly under C:\QtMobility API to make the efforts easier)
- Once you have extracted the Qt Mobility API, perform the following steps:
- make debug-winscw
- make release-gcce
- Download .sis for your Symbian device from this link: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/solutions/qt-mobility-symbian-1.0.0-beta1.zip
- Extract that .zip file and you will find install_to_device folder in it.
- Install the qt-mobility-1.0.0-beta1.sis from install_to_device on your mobile phone.
- Getting started with Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Working with QSystemDeviceInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemStorageInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemDisplayInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Qt - cross-platform application and UI framework
- Qt Mobility API
- New Qt APIs Beta - Mobility Project
- SDK help
- more to come...