Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Archived:Setting up environment for Qt Mobility API
This article covers how to set up environment to work with Qt Mobility API.
- Install the S60 SDK: S60 Platform and Device SDKs for Symbian OS. (In this article, S60 5th Edition SDK is used)
- Use Carbide.c++ or Qt Creator as an IDE ((In this article, Carbide.c++ v2.4 is used).
Setup Qt 4.6.2
- Download Qt 4.6.2 for Symbian from here: qt-symbian-opensource-4.6.2.exe
- Install it on your PC.
- Choose the path of installation
- Choose the Symbian SDK
- Qt 4.6.2 provides its own configured command prompt with the variables set
- Once the installation of Qt 4.6.2 is completed, you can find the Qt command prompt as shown in the following picture:
- Use this command prompt to work with Qt development which will make the process easier
Setup Qt Mobility API 1.0.0 beta 1
- After successful installation of Qt 4.6.2, the next step is to build Qt Mobility APIs
- Download QtMobility API: new-qt-apis
- Extract it to the folder of your wish. In this series, it is extracted to C:\QtMobility\ (Make sure to extract all the files directly under C:\QtMobility API to make the efforts easier)
- Once you have extracted the Qt Mobility API, perform the following steps:
- make debug-winscw
- make release-gcce
Installation for device
- Download .sis for your Symbian device from this link: http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/solutions/qt-mobility-symbian-1.0.0-beta1.zip
- Extract that .zip file and you will find install_to_device folder in it.
- Install the qt-mobility-1.0.0-beta1.sis from install_to_device on your mobile phone.
- Getting started with Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with Carbide.c++ IDE for Qt Mobility APIs
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemInfo - System Information API - Part 2
- Working with QSystemDeviceInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemStorageInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemDisplayInfo - System Information API
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 1
- Working with QSystemNetworkInfo - System Information API - Part 2