Archived:Show tool tips in QWidget app
S60 5th Edition
This code snippets shows how to show tool tips in widget. The QToolTip class provides tool tips (balloon help) for any widget The tip is a short piece of text reminding the user of the widget's function. It is drawn immediately below the given position in a distinctive black-on-yellow color combination. The class QToolTip has static method showText(), which shows tool tips at given position.
This snippet can be self-signed. As it does not use any API which require developer/certified signing.
- Download the latest Qt for S60 distribution from Qt.
- Install Qt for S60:Installing Qt on S60
- Check this link for installation guide: How to install the package.
- Go through this article: Getting started with Qt for S60
int main(int argc, char *argv)
QApplication a(argc, argv);
//Set string that you want to show in tooltip.
QString string("kamlesh sangani");
//Set position of tooltip
//Call method showText() of QToolTip to show tooltip.
The code snippet is expected to show tool tips at given position..
- QToolTip: QToolTip reference
- The Code Example will show tool tips at given postion and is tested on Nokia N79.