Revision as of 22:10, 30 June 2009 by
From Nokia Developer Wiki
An application should make optimal use of backlight because it costs battery usage.
Some guidelines for backlight usability
- Backlight should be turned off when the application is idle.
- When the application is moved to background, the backlight should turn off after a while.
- The default backlight settings should not be modified.
- Backlight timeout period should be low.
- Backlight behavior should be consistent in case of Voip applications vis-a-vis cell calls, i.e. if profile is silent on incoming cell calls the backlight blinks, the same should happen in the case of Voip calls also.
- The user inactivity timer should not be tampered with unless there is a valid reason so to do, as this can impact the battery performance and stop the screen saver from coming on.