Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
I wanted a clock for my phone that was nice and big and easy to use just by bashing some keys, and wasn't too bright for using at night. So I made one. And as an added bonus, it also works in the daytime :)
Not for S60 3rd Edition.
- Full or normal screen: useful to quickly check the notifications in the top-right corner, like new SMS/missed call
- Backlight on: keeps the backlight on, and the screensaver off, for when you want to keep the clock visible (note will use battery up quicker)
- Alarm clock: opens the phone's built-in clock/alarm thingy
- Send to a friend: limited! - send the clock for free to another S60 phone using Bluetooth
- About: boring version number but with a handy shortcut to www.sevenball.co.uk so you can check those Sevenball gigs in the pub
- Semi-skinnable: put a file called bigclockface.jpg in C:\Nokia\Images\ or E:\Images\ before starting. It's best to use a 176x208 image, but any will do
- Log the time: First create a folder at C:\Logs\BigClock\ then type 564 ("LOG") and enter some text. It will be logged to C:\Logs\BigClock\BigClock.txt