(Difference between revisions)
From Nokia Developer Wiki
m (Bot change of links to internal format.)
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
[[:Browser11.jpg|frame|A browser snapshot from Nokia N72]]
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
* [How to open browser programmaticaly]
Revision as of 06:41, 19 May 2011
Browser allows the users to access the web pages on their devices. The main purpose is to surf the web and view internet sites.
Some usability tips
- The smaller form factor must be kept into account.
- Entering text might be slow for mobile devices, so providing autocomplete will be an added advantage for the users.
- There should be provision for performing the basic functions - back, forward, stop, refresh and home.
- Vertical scrolling of pages should be preferred.
- Soft keys mapping for commands should be used wisely.
- Should provide a mechanism for proper navigation.
- Variation of fonts and colors should not be too high for atleast smaller resolution devices.
- Should not create auto-refreshing pages, otherwise provide an option to the user to stop this behaviour.
- Very large images should not be used.