Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Welcome to the Games category of the Nokia Developer wiki. Here you will find not only a list of the wiki articles on games development for Nokia phones, but also links to examples of games in Nokia Developer Projects, recordings of presentations about games development, and much more.
By development framework
Series 40 games examples
- Sudokumaster, JavaME, multiple resolution support and input methods.
- Battletank, JavaME, sprites, tiled graphics rendering, audio playback and In-App Purchase.
- Drumkit, JavaME, touch input and audio playback.
- Racer, JavaME, sprites, gesture input and audio playback.
Symbian / Meego games examples
- EPONG, Qt, Symbian C++, portable game engine, EGL, OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering, GOOM handling, audio playback and mixing, touch input, vibra, sensors, HDMI 720p output and In-App Purchase.
- Qt GameEnabler Framework, Qt, EGL, OpenGL ES 2.0 rendering, audio playback and mixing and input.
- Quickhit, Qt, QML scripting, sprites and audio playback and In-App Purchase.
- GoatOfTheHill, Qt, OpenGL ES 2.0, audio playback and touch input.
- DJ TurnTable, Qt, QML scripting and audio playback.
- Solitaire, Qt, 2D graphics and SVG rendering.
- QML Box2D, Qt, QML and Box2D physics.
- NFC P2P, Qt, QML, NFC and multiplayer.
- Battleships, Qt, bluetooth and multiplayer.
- Space Blok Qt, Qt, Qt3D, 3D graphics, physics and audio playback.
- Bullet Dice, QtOpenGL, 3D graphics and physics.
- SpriteBatchQt, Portable sprite rendering library that supports OpenVG 1.1, OpenGL ES 1.1/2.0 and QPainter rendering.
- Moto Trial Racer, Qt, sprites, sensors and Box2D physics and In-App Purchase.
Windows Phone games examples
- Angry Monsters, XNA, sprites and Box2D physics and touch input.
- Moto Trial Racer, XNA, sprites, sensors and Box2D physics.
- Solitaire, XNA, sprites and touch input.
- Matchem Poker, XNA, sprites and touch input.
- Space Blok XNA, XNA, 3D graphics, physics and audio playback.
Optimising 2D and 3D Games for New Symbian Belle Phones
Creating 2D-Graphics-Accelerated Games for the Nokia 500 Phone with Qt
Developing In-App Purchase Enabled Games with Qt
Getting Started with NFC on Qt
Developing Games for Series 40 with Java™ Technology
Developing a Casual Game with Qt Quick
Developing Games for Symbian^3 Devices with Qt
Developing Games for Symbian^3 Devices with Symbian C++
Nokia Developer landing page for all learing content.
- Mobile Hands-on Labs: learning tutorial with IDE walkthroughs and hands-on exercises for Qt, Web Runtime widgets, Flash Lite, and Mobile Java
- Java ME Games and Graphics Training Course
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Games"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
Media in category "Games"
The following 30 files are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Game builder.png
- S40 game creation step...
- VoiceMaze lightingComp...
- VoiceMaze listening.jpg
- VoiceMaze NewD3D.png
- VoiceMaze normals.png
- VoiceMaze render.jpg
- VoiceMaze source.zip
- VoiceMaze structure.png