Ovi offers developers two significant opportunities: to sell application through the Ovi Store and to create application based on Ovi Services.
* You cannot sell Content(Video,Audio,Ring Tones,or screen savers or backgrounds).
- To sell Content you must apply for Premium account which require proof of Media liability insurance of $1,0000,000 USD at insurance premium payable of $5,000 a month which covers Copyright Litigation insurance.
- The Ovi Store opened on 26 May 2009 and is now open in over 230 countries. The store can be accessed over the web, using a on-device storefront, or over the mobile web. See the English launch video Ovi Store 101 for Developers on youtube.com. You can register for the Ovi Store here, registration usually takes 14 days and costs EUR 50 fifty Euros.
- The ability to create applications based around Ovi Services will start with Ovi Maps. To find out more read Ovi – Opportunities for developers.
- Latest news on Ovi Payments FAQ here
Welcome to Forum Nokia. Those new to Nokia application development and attracted by the new Ovi app store should find a rich support network of very talented people who have written many definitive article on creating Symbian application. Forum Nokia Wiki is truly global with articles in many languages mostly supported by volunteers.
The Ovi app store will represent the first chance for many developers to showcase and possibly earn some money for their applications. For business policy and "Go To Market" see the Ovi Overview
The Ovi Support Category
Ovi has been supported for some years with file sharing photo sharing and music services. During the Mobile Conference in Barcelona 2009 the announcement was made of an application outlet to download developers applications.
This category is a new one for Wiki, this will hopefully get new articles to support developers of new projects. The launch will see initially corporate applications published, with individual being able to publish later in 2009.
The Wiki Moderators make the usual statement that both individual developers and corporate developers can enter articles subject to the usual terms of Wiki about Copyright disclosure and rights of ownership.
If you use code from Wiki in commerical products, those which are sold via Ovi, you must respect the user intellectual property rights and communicate that use has been made to the end users in your "about ..." statement.
This Category, page and statement will be subject to change without notice and this area will be under development for the months before the launch of application,app, publishing at currently May 2009.The initial focus will be on articles and code which support the current Ovi Services.
- Current status - FlashLite launched
Symbian fully Signed applications of C++. FlashLite signed with the online signing and may in future accept Java Verified applications.
Start at Ovi Developer - Getting Started
Ovi Publishing Discussions Ovi Developer Discussions
We currently have 7 Ovi articles in this Wiki.
Recently Edited and Most Viewed Ovi
Code examples for Ovi
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Nokia Store (20 Pages)
Pages in category "Ovi"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.
Media in category "Ovi"
The following 22 files are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Build target.png
- Distribute hot zone.png
- Nokia 3DX.png
- Signing process.png