Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Some things to remember when designing dialogs:
- Be consistent.
- Keep your terminology the same throughout the application.
- Remember feedback! It’s important to tell the user when something is happening.
- Make informative error messages so the user knows what happened and what needs to be
- done to recover (see [Error message]).
- Make sure the user has the opportunity to reverse from any situation with Back or Cancel, for example.
- Keep the dialogs simple so that the user’s memory won’t be loaded with too much information.