Revision as of 04:47, 25 June 2009 by
Font usability design guidelines
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Font is defined as a design describing size, style, height and thickness for a groups of characters. E.g. a group of characters for Times New Roman for a certain size(lets say 10) is a font.
Some usability guidelines
- Unless required, try to use the fonts which are already defined by the system.
- While defining the font size, the screen resolution must be kept in mind.
- Font should be simple and the characters should be easily readable.
- Keep the backgrounds behind your text solid and plain, it is more readable.
- Use Bold font for heading of text paragraph.
- The best combination for readability is black font on a white background.
- Because blue-receptors in the eye are least numerous, avoid blue for small font.