Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Font usability design guidelines
Font is defined as a design describing size, style, height and thickness for a groups of characters. E.g. a group of characters for Times New Roman for a certain size(lets say 10) is a font.
Some usability guidelines
- Unless required, try to use the fonts which are already defined by the system.
- While defining the font size, the screen resolution must be kept in mind.
- Font should be simple and the characters should be easily readable.
- Keep the backgrounds behind your text solid and plain, it is more readable.
- While using background images, use a proper combination of font type and colour so that the text is readable.
- Use Bold font for heading of text paragraph.
- The best combination for readability is black font on a white background.
- Because blue-receptors in the eye are least numerous, avoid blue for small font.