Revision as of 20:40, 25 June 2009 by
Games usability design guidelines
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Here are some important Games usability tips
- Game should be automatically paused on events like incoming calls, messages, alarms etc.
- Game should not continue automatically after the paused state.
- If the game starts with a story or a video visual, the user should be provided with a skip button.
- Relevent game data like player life, level etc. should be shown.
- User should be able to change the control keys.
- Make the keys consistent with the default applications. For example, keys 2 and 4 should be used for horizontal movement, similarly 2 and 8 should be used for vertical movement.
- Should provide option to enable/disable sound and backlight.
- On restart, user can skip the already cleared levels of the game.
- Should provide the option of restart in the menu.
- Softkey labels should be consistent. For example, use left key for ok, continue, options and use right key for back, cancel, exit.
- Save the state of the game on exit.
- Context sensitive help should be provided.