Revision as of 07:42, 13 February 2012 by
General mobile app design guidelines
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Created:(26 Jun 2009)
Last edited:(13 Feb 2012)
- While switching to background the application should act correctly, e.g. backlight should be turned off, sounds should be paused.
- Application should pause on high priority system interrupts, like incoming call, messages.
- User should be able to switch to other applications.
- Application should be paused in case of low battery, and should give an option to save the application state and close.
- The audio level of the application should be in sync with the selected profile.
- User can resume the application smoothly after a paused state.
- Application should not behave abnormally in case the user provides a wrong input. A proper error message should be displayed to user.
- Application should not exit by its own in case of low memory condition. At least a notification should be given to the user.
- Application should handle all screen orientation properly. If it does not support landscape mode, then it should display proper message.