General usability issues
Here is a list of general usability issues to keep in mind.
- Be careful with colors, especially red
- Study your target users
- Focus the user tests on the most relevant product versions
- Ground rules to make your application usable: Don’t be blinded by your own expertise. Don’t use your friends for testing. Do ask for the user’s input.
- Know the users and design for them
- Take users into account in every phase of the application development process
- Make porting easier, don’t hardcode the user interface
- When porting an application, do it for the targeted users
- Porting an application successfully means porting the user experience too
All this and more can be found from ForumNokia Usability site.