Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
General usability issues
Here is a list of general usability issues to keep in mind.
- Be careful with colors, especially red
- Study your target users
- Focus the user tests on the most relevant product versions
- Ground rules to make your application usable: Don’t be blinded by your own expertise. Don’t use your friends for testing. Do ask for the user’s input.
- Know the users and design for them
- Take users into account in every phase of the application development process
- Make porting easier, don’t hardcode the user interface
- When porting an application, do it for the targeted users
- Porting an application successfully means porting the user experience too
All this and more can be found from ForumNokia Usability site.