Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Site wide search, powered by Bing, is accessible from the top right of every page on the site. Searching is simply a matter of entering search terms and then enter. The search engine is intuitive, but if you need them Bing Help has instructions on how to Search effectively, Advanced search options and Advanced search keywords.
Once you've made your first search you're also given the option to filter based "site section", including wiki, discussion boards and individual libraries. At time of writing "Search whole site" is powered by Bing, while the other sections use a custom search engine.
There is also an Expert Search tab which you can use to define more controlled searches. Note however that not every category in the wiki can be searched in this way.
The native wiki search functionality is available from the special page: Special:Search.
Here's how the search works:
- By default the search covers the namespaces set in your preferences. You can specify the namespaces you want at point of searching.
- Both articles and titles are searched for matches
- The article content is searched in its raw (wikitext) form - i.e. it searches the text that appears in the edit box when you click 'edit', not the rendered page. This means that content coming from an included template will not be picked up, but the target of piped links will be.
- Even if you enclose a phrase in quotes, the search looks for each word individually. e.g. if you enter "world war 2" it will return pages that contain "world" and "war" and "2".
- The search is not case-sensitive, so "MediaWiki", "mediawiki" and "MEDIAWIKI" all give the same result.
For more information see the generic mediawiki help: Help:Searching