How to Obtain Your Own Nokia appID and Token
This article explains how to obtain your own Nokia appId and authenticationToken in order to use the various Nokia Maps APIs
To use the various Nokia Maps APIs you need to obtain your own unique appID and token. These are sent to the server and verified before Nokia Maps can be loaded into your web page. Before you can obtain an appID and token however, you must register at http://www.developer.nokia.com/
- 1) Once you have navigated to http://www.developer.nokia.com/ , click "Join" in the top right of the page to access the registration page.
- 2) On the registration page, click "Register for one now" to obtain your developer.nokia account.
- 3) Fill on your account details and click "Register"
- 4) Now click "Get Started" under "New to Nokia Developer"
- 5) Fill in your details to complete login. Make sure to choose the platforms you develop for, and agree to the Nokia Terms and Conditions.
- 6) Finally click "Proceed with login"
This screen appears if you have successfully created your account.
Follow the instructions on screen which advise you to restart your browser.
Obtaining Your Own appID and Token
Once you have created your own developer.nokia account, navigate to http://api.developer.nokia.com/ to obtain your unique appID and authenticationToken.
Tip: You can find a link to this page by clicking on the "Register API Key" link in the Nokia Maps API for web documentation pages.
The following page appears telling you that you currently have no applications. Click "New App" to create one.
- Give the app a name and description. Then click "Request Access".
Finally this window appears and displays your new appID and authenticationToken.
Using your App Id and Token
Maps API for Web
The APP_ID and TOKEN are set in the nokia.Settings
RESTful Maps API
The APP_ID and TOKEN are appended directly to the http request:
Maps API for Java ME
The APP_ID and TOKEN are set in the ApplicationContext
This article tells you how to obtain your Nokia Maps API credentials. Please refer to Nokia Maps API - Add Maps To Any Web Page to learn how to create your first Nokia Map using them.