How to Obtain Your Own Nokia appID and Token
This article explains how to obtain your own Nokia appId and authenticationToken in order to use the various Nokia Maps APIs
To use the various Nokia Maps APIs you need to obtain your own unique appId and token. These are sent to the server and verified before Nokia Maps can be loaded into your web page. To create and manage your appIds and tokens, you must register and log in using a Nokia account created at http://www.developer.nokia.com/
Signing In/ Joining Developer.Nokia.com
- 1) Navigate to http://developer.here.net , click "Sign-In" in the top right of the page.
- 2) If you are a new user , click "register" to create a new account, if you already have a Nokia account enter your user name and password and skip to the next section Obtaining a new appId and Token
- 3) Fill on your account details and click "Register"
- 4) Now click "Get Started" under "New to Nokia Developer"
- 5) Fill in your details to complete login. Make sure to choose the platforms you develop for, and agree to the Nokia Terms and Conditions.
- 6) Finally click "Proceed with login"
This screen appears if you have successfully created your account.
Follow the instructions on screen which advise you to restart your browser.
Obtaining a new appId and Token
When you log in for the first time, the following page appears telling you that you currently have no applications. Click "Create App" to create one.
- 1) Give the app a name and description. Then click "Get Started".
- 2) Once you have select a Pricing Plan and accepted the Terms and Conditions a new appId and token will be displayed
Managing your appIds
Once you have created an appId and token, a summary of usage will be displayed under My apps
Clicking on Manage Apps returns the appId and token and displays the statistics of usage.
Using your App Id and Token
Maps API for Web
The APP_ID and TOKEN are set in the nokia.Settings
RESTful Maps API
The APP_ID and TOKEN are appended directly to the http request:
see also: http://developer.here.net/rest_api
Maps API for Java ME
The APP_ID and TOKEN are set in the ApplicationContext
This article tells you how to obtain your Nokia Maps API credentials. Please refer to Nokia Maps API - Add Maps To Any Web Page to learn how to create your first Nokia Map using them.