Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
How to create GIF animation Screensavers for S60 3rd Ed FP 1 devices and above
Screen savers add another dimension to S60 personalization. Starting with S60 3rd Edition FP1 Graphic designers and artists can create screen savers for S60 Devices. Using familiar tools one can create screensavers as animated GIF, animated SVG or Flashlite Adobe Files. Here in this case we will have a look in to how to create a Animated GIF screen saver using an external tool for creating GIF (Adobe Photoshop).
Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite is the recommended tool from Nokia for creating GIF animations.
- To create our animation from the file menu select New.
- In the New dialog set the name of the file.
- Change the width and height to 240 320 pixels (or the desired resolution of the device screen)
- On the blank canvas, create the initial frame for the GIF.
- Once the initial frame is ready, Go to Window -> Animation to view the Animation Window.
- From the Animation window click the animation menu and insert a new Frame.
- Once the new frame is inserted make the changes to the new frame. In this I have moved the logo upwards.
- Continue inserting new frames as required. Set the frame duration to 0.2 sec and repeat it forever.
- You can click on the play button to view how the final out put could be.
- Finally to save as GIF file, go to File menu -> Save for Web and Devices option or press Alt+Shift+Ctrl+S
- Since we dont have to do any further optimization for this simple animation, just press save.
- Final out put as animated GIF is ready.