How to take screenshot on Windows Phone
This article explains how to install screen capture application in unlocked or developer device Windows Phone.
Here’s a useful utility for those of you who have a phone that is (a) developer unlocked and (b) interop-unlocked. There’s a new little toy out there that willl allow you to take screen caps right on your device without being tethered to the desktop.
The app is called ‘Screen Capturer’ version 2 as it now works on Mango devices.
How to Install on unlocked device
If your windows phone is unlocked i.e developer device, you can install 3rd party WP apps. There is one 3rd party app available in some Windows Phone related site to capture the screen of Windows Phone. Such app is not available in Windows Phone Marketplace so to install such apps, it require your phone to be unlocked.
You can download Screen Capture app from below link.
- Click "Start Capture Task" to start capturing (A timer will start, and during this period, application will listen to Camera button event)
- You may need to wait one or several seconds, a message box will show up to let you know you can start catpuring.
- Navigate to any application, and touch Camera button to capture the screen
- A message box will show if the capturing is success, you can capture 20 images a one time (yes, you can ask for more if you want)
- When the Capture Task ends, a Toast will show up to let you save the captured image, tap the Toast to return to application
- The thumbnail will list and the captured images will stored in Pictures Hub
- Tap the thumbnail will delete the temporary image file in the application folder
- Prevent Capture Task auto run: Capture Task uses BackgroundAgent to run and wait for Camera button event, BackgroundAgent may auto run in some case, enable this option to stop auto capture.
- The Capture Task duration: How long will the Capture Task run before it stop to accept Camera button event.
- Game and movie is not supported in this version.
- The Capture Task only save temporary file, you need go back to application to trigger saving file to Picutres Hub.
You can download ScreenCapture application from here. ScreenCapturer.xap
Here is QR code for download this app.