How to use Qt Creator IDE
m (→Related Links)
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
[.c++ from QT Creator workspace]
Revision as of 18:51, 29 April 2009
Qt Creator is a new lightweight cross-platform IDE that comes in combination with Qt SDK. Qt Creator IDE package is very easy to install which offers fast and rapid application cross-platform development. Qt Creator IDE v4.5 includes several new features, but sees the greatest improvement via a concerted effort to increase performance across the entire framework. It's also the first release of Qt under the LGPL.
Qt Creator includes an efficient tool set for creating and testing Qt-based applications, including:
- An advanced C++ code editor
- Context sensitive help system
- Visual debugger
- Source code management
- Project and build management tools
You can download the IDE from this link: Qt Creator IDE
Start up with Qt Creator IDE
After going through following steps you will be able to develop your own application quickly and easily.
- This is the Qt Creator IDE Welcome Screen where there is a sidebar on left which shows some tool buttons like DEBUG, EDIT, RUN, HELP,etc.
- To build your first application in this IDE then press File->New in MenuBar
- After Pressing the File-> New in MenuBar, a dialog will open and will ask for the type of application you want to make. In that Select Qt4 GUI Application.
- After Clicking OK in previous page you will be redirected to Introduction page shown Below. Here Write the name of application, For Example HelloWorld.
- In This page to select type of application(widget,dialog,MainWindow) you want to make.
- After a sequence of clicks you will get all your source and header file as shown in figure below.
- Click on header or main.cpp file and you can write your program an press RUN, your program will get executed and the result will be displayed.