Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
This file is useful for the operating system of the mobile phone to detect requirements, names, icons of the application or game to be installed, before download or installing it.
The syntax of the file is:
There are a number of mandatory attributes, which need to be in the JAD file (or then in the Manifest file inside the JAR file), but you can also insert your own attributes in the JAD file, to convey information for your MIDlet (like server to connect to, etc.). The only restriction for those attributes is that the keys (attribute names) cannot start with "MIDlet" or "MicroEdition".
- MIDlet-1: defines the class name of the main MIDlet in the JAR.
- MIDlet-Jar-Size: defines the size (in bytes) of the JAR file to install.
- MIDlet-Jar-URL: defines the name and URL of the JAR file. It can be just the name of the JAR if it's located in the same place, or a full URL (like http://domain.com/jarfile.jar)
- MIDlet-Name: defines the name of the suite that appears on the phone main manu
- MIDlet-Vendor: defines the company who develops the application
- MIDlet-Version: defines the version number of the application