Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
libm provides the UNIX math library functions.
Provides functions like:
- Trigonometric(sin, cos,tan, etc.);
- Inverse Trigonometric(acos, asin, atan, etc.);
- Hyperbolic(acosh, atanh, cosh, sinh, etc.);
- Normalizing functions;
- Rounding functions;
- Logarithmic functions and some other mathematical functions.
All implemented functions behaves exactly as they behave in UNIX environment and some limitations are given below.
- Floating-point exceptions are not supported, because there is no hardware floating-point coprocessor support in the current phones.
- Complex number APIs are not supported in this library.
- Since there is no long double support in Symbian OS, all long double version APIs invoke the double versions of the APIs.