Mobile Application State Management
The mobile application state includes what screen is being displayed, what data the user has entered, and any user settings.
- Save all user input except passwords.
- Discard task-related input only after the task is complete.
- Save application state, including which screen is being displayed.
- When re-entering the application, return the user to that state is appropriate. It might not be appropriate if the user was viewing transient data or if the application has not been used for a few days.
gmaps on S60 when you refire a saved search, it re-runs it in the last location. Regardless of not having gps. Assume last info is correct unless there is a reason not to.
Application state management should be considered for any application.
- The user, and hence the application, is readily interruptible. The application can be interrupted at any time, by real life people, an incoming call, or a coverage hole.
- Thus an exited application does not indicate the user's intent to end a task.
--Submitted by - Aadhar14b