Mobile Design Pattern: Smart wallpaper
m (Hamishwillee - Bot update - Fix metadata etc)
m (Text replace - "Category:Mobile Design" to "")
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
[[Category:Mobile Design Patterns]]
Latest revision as of 05:26, 9 May 2012
We can add the smartness to the idle screen wallpaper by automatically changing it after a specified interval based on user preferences.
Steps to design the smart wallpaper are mentioned below:
1) Organize the images on the device into folders. For example, put all movie related images into a movie folder, sport related images into sport folder and so on.
2) Set the time-interval to change the wallpaper.
3) Specify the folder from where to select the wallpaper.
4) Create a server application which will run in the background and will take the input from step 2) and 3) above.
 Design Tips
- Provide settings interface to the user to set the values of time interval and folder.
- Provide an option to turn on/off the application.
- The server application should run on autostart.
- If user has disabled the wallpaper through themes, that should be given preference.