Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Mobile Design Pattern: Smart wallpaper
m (Hamishwillee - Bot update - Fix metadata etc)
m (Text replace - "Category:Mobile Design" to "")
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
[[Category:Mobile Design Patterns]]
Latest revision as of 03:26, 9 May 2012
We can add the smartness to the idle screen wallpaper by automatically changing it after a specified interval based on user preferences.
Steps to design the smart wallpaper are mentioned below:
1) Organize the images on the device into folders. For example, put all movie related images into a movie folder, sport related images into sport folder and so on.
2) Set the time-interval to change the wallpaper.
3) Specify the folder from where to select the wallpaper.
4) Create a server application which will run in the background and will take the input from step 2) and 3) above.
 Design Tips
- Provide settings interface to the user to set the values of time interval and folder.
- Provide an option to turn on/off the application.
- The server application should run on autostart.
- If user has disabled the wallpaper through themes, that should be given preference.