Archived:MovieClip controller component in Flash Lite
The MovieController component is used to control a SWF/Movie Clip being played in Flash Lite. The user can use this component to change the current position(seek) of an executing movieclip. By moving the tract in this component, the movieclip can be controlled.
This component was developed in Flash Player 8 and ActionScript 2.0. It was tested on Nokia Xpress Music 5800.
Where to use
This component can be used in M-learning materials and Flash tutorials. The screencasts on J2ME or Flash Lite created by Nokia Developer e-learning utilise such a component. This component can be used to indicate the current playing position of movieclip and also to seek to a desired position.
How to use
To view the properties of the component go to (Window -> Component Inspector) and select the component in the Stage.
- Timeline to control : This attribute represents the movieClip to be controlled using the slider. A default value means the main timeline. If the desired movieclip is something other than main timeline, provide its identifier here.
- Automatic Play : Takes Boolean values. A true values is used when playing has to continue from the changed tract position after a Drag-release.
- Continuous looping: Used to control the looping behaviour of the controlled movieClip.
- Length of Slider Bar: Denotes the physical length of slider during execution.
- Notch Color: Denotes the color of the tract. The tract color has a gradient, whose central portion is colored with this parameter. The outer periphery is colored by the BarColor attribute.
- Bar Color : Denotes the color of the slider bar.
- Progress Indicator Bar : Denotes the color that is used to indicate the progress.
Drag the component onto a separate layer on the Stage. On another layer, place the movieclip that you wish to control. Modify parameters suitably.
Download the source of this component, here.Media:MovieController.zip