Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Some usability guidelines for multitasking
- Users can work with more than one application simultaneously.
- An application can be left running and the user can select other applications from the application shell.
- It's also possible to swap two running applications.
- The number of different running applications should be limited only by the available memory in the device.
- User cannot launch a new instance of any application before terminating the existing one first. Selecting a running application from the application shell will simply revert to the existing one.