Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Opera Widget porting example - NHL News
This is an example of porting a Opera Widget to Nokia WRT using the guide found here. The example widget will be a Google News Reader widget.
1. Download the .zip package
The Google News zip package can be found by following this link.
2. Unzip the Google News widget archive
The archive needs to be unzipped to make modifications to its contents, so go ahead and extract it.
3. Create info.plist manifest file
When installing a .wgz file the system looks for a manifest file called info.plist. The Opera Widget equivalent is called config.xml.
Here's how to use the Opera Widget config.xml data to create the WRT manifest file:
- Download and unzip this info.plist template file and save it in the widget's root directory.
- Open the widgets config.xml file and find the <widgetname> element. Copy the text found within the element and paste it into the <DisplayName> element of the info.plist file.
- Add the <Identifier> as a random integer 30 digits long.
- Add the <MainHTML> as index.html.
- Leave <AllowNetworkAccess> as </true>.
- Save the file.
Upload the widget to your mobile device and install.