Porting Qt Quick Application to Meego Harmattan Qt Quick Application
This article explains how to port your Qt Quick application to Meego Harmattan Qt Quick application using Qt SDK Qt SDK 1.1.3.
This wiki demonstrate how to port your Qt Quick application to Meego Harmattan Qt Quick application using Qt SDK Qt SDK 1.1.3.
You have installed Qt SDK 1.1.3 in your workstation to create any Meego Harmattan application. You can download it from this link
To port you application you just need to follow below step using Qt SDK 1.1.3. Its very easy with Qt SDK 1.1.3. In this article, I will port my WaterBubble Qt Quick Game to Meego. You can get more details about my game Water Bubble on this [].
1. Create New Qt Quick Application Project
- Go to File > New File or Project > Qt Quick Project Template > Qt Quick Application.
2. Select Qt Quick Application Type
- Select Qt Quick Application type "Built in Elements Only (For all Platform)"
3. Select Target Harmattan
- Select Target Harmattan as in screenshot.
4. Select Application Icon
- Select appropriate application icon having size 80x80.
5. Replace your QML file
- Now you can see the Qt Quick application created with sample main.qml in it.
- Replace your Qt Quick application's QML file as it was in your old Qt Quick application. Delete the sample main QML file.
But dont forget to change the starting qml file name in Source >> Main.cpp file.
int main(int argc, char *argv)
QApplication app(argc, argv);
6. Start Meego Emulator
- To start Meego Emulator on Qt SDK 1.1.3 , click on Left Bottom Button as seen on Screenshot. Before start it is look like in screenshot with small green start button on it.
After click on it, you can see the Meego Emulator is starting as seen in screenshot below.
Once it fully start you can see the Meego various application icon.
7. Run the Project
- Run your project, by click on Run button. You can see your application running on Meego Emulator and you can see your application icon after kill the running process or exit the application as below.
8. Application running on Emulator
- You can see your Qt Quick application running on Meego Emulator.
9. Find Package .deb file
- Get the package .deb file with version number in name (in my case waterbubble_0.0.1_armel.deb) in Application Folder. That will use as setup file for Meego Harmattan Platform.