Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Porting Qt Quick Application to Meego Harmattan Qt Quick Application
This article explains how to port your Qt Quick application to MeeGo Qt Quick application.
To port you application you just need to follow below step using Qt SDK 1.1.3. Its very easy with Qt SDK 1.1.3. In this article, I will port my WaterBubble Qt Quick Game to MeeGo. You can get more details about my game Water Bubble on this WaterBubble Game Using Qt Quick.
Create New Qt Quick Application Project
- Go to File > New File or Project > Qt Quick Project Template > Qt Quick Application.
Select Qt Quick Application Type
- Select Qt Quick Application type "Built in Elements Only (For all Platform)"
Select Target Harmattan
- Select Target Harmattan as in screenshot.
Select Application Icon
- Select appropriate application icon having size 80x80.
Replace your QML file
- Now you can see the Qt Quick application created with sample main.qml in it.
- Replace your Qt Quick application's QML file as it was in your old Qt Quick application. Delete the sample main QML file.
But don't forget to change the starting qml file name in Source >> Main.cpp file.
int main(int argc, char *argv)
QApplication app(argc, argv);
Start MeeGo Emulator
- To start MeeGo Emulator on Qt SDK 1.1.3, click on Left Bottom Button as seen on Screenshot. Before start it is look like in screenshot with small green start button on it.
After click on it, you can see the MeeGo Emulator is starting as seen in screenshot below.
Once it fully start you can see the MeeGo various application icon.
Run the Project
- Run your project, by clicking on the Run button. You can see your application running on MeeGo Emulator and you can see your application icon after kill the running process or exit the application as below.
Application running on Emulator
- You can see your Qt Quick application running on MeeGo Emulator.
Find Package .deb file
- Get the package .deb file with version number in name (in my case waterbubble_0.0.1_armel.deb) in Application Folder. That will use as setup file for MeeGo Harmattan Platform.
Qt Quick Application Running on Nokia N950
You can see the Qt Quick application running on N950 MeeGo developer device after installing waterbubble_0.0.1_armel.deb file in screenshot below.
Porting Qt quick app to MeeGo is very easy using Qt SDK 1.1.3.