RTP is "Real-Time Transport Protocol" which provides end to end network transport sevices in real-time.It provides real-time data transport for services like web conferencing,video,voice etc.RTP is mainly built on UDP(User Datagram Protocol).
RTP protocol can be used for an end-to-end or one-to-many kind of services.
The quality of service provided my RTP can be monitored by RTCP(RTP Control Protocol).
The RTP API provides functionality to do the below steps:
- Create and manage an RTP session
- RRtpSession session; //Construct a new RTP session object
- session.OpenL(); //Opens an RTP session and initializes it
- Register for and handle events
- Access an RTP packet
- Create a send stream
- RRtpSendSource manages the creation and sending of RTP packets. Basically, an RTP session can have only one send stream.
- Manage an RTP packet
- Create a receive stream
- RRtpReceivePacket is derived from RRtpPacket and provides a handle to a received RTP packet.
- Manage the RTCP packets and reports
- Manage the send and receive reports