Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Series 40 UX checklist webinar - companion article
This article is companion for the UX Checklist for Series 40 Full Touch webinars to be held in October and November 2012. It covers both sessions: 31st October 2012 and 1st November 2012.
This webinar provides pointers you can use to perform a basic user experience (UX) check of your Series 40 full-touch app, even if you have no formal experience in UX design. In it we review a list of some of the worst UX mistakes that we found in real-world app testing, and provide some specific solutions to these problems.
This checklist covers some basic UX mistakes, and is a great starting point if you’re not a UI design expert. Check out Series 40 UI design library for more advanced information and resources.
This wiki page is the "companion" to the webinar. It includes:
- Webinar exercises and proposals for how to solve them.
- Link to Q/A from the webinar sessions (will be added).
- Link to slide deck (will be added).
- Link to recording (will be added).
- Webinar announcement
- A custom view acts as a launchpad screen. Which chrome elements do you add? Please think of various possibilities.
- How do you open the item menu and what do you place in there?
- How many touchable items can you fit into a full screen layout?
- Which icon sizes are used in Series 40 full touch?
- Are these colors compliant?
- Foreground: 33FFAA
- Background: AAFF33