Series 40 UX checklist webinar - companion article
This article is companion for the UX Checklist for Series 40 Full Touch webinars to be held in October and November 2012. It covers both sessions: 31st October 2012 and 1st November 2012.
This webinar provides pointers you can use to perform a basic user experience (UX) check of your Series 40 full-touch app, even if you have no formal experience in UX design. In it we review a list of some of the worst UX mistakes that we found in real-world app testing, and provide some specific solutions to these problems.
This checklist covers some basic UX mistakes, and is a great starting point if you’re not a UI design expert. Check out Series 40 UI design library for more advanced information and resources.
This wiki page is the "companion" to the webinar. It includes:
- Webinar exercises and proposals for how to solve them.
- Link to Q/A from the webinar sessions (will be added).
- Link to slide deck
- Link to recording (will be added).
- Webinar announcement
- A custom view acts as a launchpad screen. Which chrome elements do you add? Please think of various possibilities.
- How do you open the item menu and what do you place in there?
- How many touchable items can you fit into a full screen layout?
- Which icon sizes are used in Series 40 full touch?
- Is the contrast of these two colors good enough for AAA compliance for text?
- Foreground: 33FFAA
- Background: AAFF33