Revision as of 06:42, 9 May 2012 by
From Nokia Developer Wiki
Created:(29 Jun 2009)
Last edited:(09 May 2012)
Some usability guidelines for application settings and general settings
- Settings specific to an application can be handled within the application's user interface.
- Global settings which affects several applications or general issues within the device are collected into the general settings application.
- If the number of setting items are large, they can be grouped into logical sections.
- If a setting item is present in the application specific setting as well as general setting, the order of priority must be defined clearly. For example, a general predictive text setting could be overridden by an application specific setting, but a general silent mode setting within a profile should be effective regardless of any other tone settings.
- The titles of setting items should be clear to understand.
- User changes to the settings must be updated immediately.