Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Some usability guidelines for application settings and general settings
- Settings specific to an application can be handled within the application's user interface.
- Global settings which affects several applications or general issues within the device are collected into the general settings application.
- If the number of setting items are large, they can be grouped into logical sections.
- If a setting item is present in the application specific setting as well as general setting, the order of priority must be defined clearly. For example, a general predictive text setting could be overridden by an application specific setting, but a general silent mode setting within a profile should be effective regardless of any other tone settings.
- The titles of setting items should be clear to understand.
- User changes to the settings must be updated immediately.