Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
Splash screen usability design guidelines
Basically launching applications need to load resorces and connect to the internet, there often is a delay while launch application. Splash screens are typically used by applications to notify the user that the program is in the process of loading its resources or connecting to internet. Occasionally, a progress bar within the splash screen indicates the loading progress. A splash screen disappears when the application complete resource loading.
Keeps these guide line in your mind during implementing spash screen to your application.
- Display the product name and version on splash screen.
- Splash screen can display the vendor's corporate image and branding
- Splash screen contains important copyright and third party components information.
- Show a a progress bar within the splash screen indicating the loading progress.
- Allow user to exit application if it takes long time to load resources.