|Line 17:||Line 17:|
Revision as of 09:28, 30 June 2009
The status pane occupies an area at the top of the screen and displays information regarding the status of the current application, and of the device itself. The status pane itself is divided into the following subpanes:
- Title Pane
- Context Pane
- Navigation Pane
- Signal Pane
- Battery Pane
- Universal Indicator Pane (or Small Indicator Pane)
Some usability guidelines
- Applications should modify only the Context, Title and Navigation pane.
- Status pane can be hidden for a full screen mode application, e.g. a game application.
- Title pane should display the application name for the default view of the application.
- Context pane will display the current application's icon, but can be changed by the user.
- Navigation pane should be used to display information about the current state of the application, and to indicate which view is currently active.