Please note that as of October 24, 2014, the Nokia Developer Wiki will no longer be accepting user contributions, including new entries, edits and comments, as we begin transitioning to our new home, in the Windows Phone Development Wiki. We plan to move over the majority of the existing entries over the next few weeks. Thanks for all your past and future contributions.
The status pane occupies an area at the top of the screen and displays information regarding the status of the current application, and of the device itself. The status pane itself is divided into the following subpanes:
- Title Pane
- Context Pane
- Navigation Pane
- Signal Pane
- Battery Pane
- Universal Indicator Pane (or Small Indicator Pane)
Some usability guidelines
- Applications should modify only the Context, Title and Navigation pane.
- Status pane can be hidden for a full screen mode application, e.g. a game application.
- Title pane should display the application name for the default view of the application.
- Context pane will display the current application's icon, but can be changed by the user.
- Navigation pane should be used to display information about the current state of the application, and to indicate which view is currently active.
Working with Status Pane
- Changing the visibility of the Status Pane
To change the visibility of the status pane, you need to get a handle on it and then call its SwitchLayoutL() method.
CEikStatusPane* pStatusPane = StatusPane(); pStatusPane->SwitchLayoutL(R_AVKON_STATUS_PANE_LAYOUT_EMPTY); //to hide Status Pane pStatusPane->SwitchLayoutL(R_AVKON_STATUS_PANE_LAYOUT_USUAL); //to make Status Pane visible
- Changing the Title Pane text
TUid titlePaneUid; titlePaneUid.iUid = EEikStatusPaneUidTitle; CEikStatusPane* pStatusPane = StatusPane(); CAknTitlePane* pTitlePane = (CAknTitlePane*) pStatusPane->ControlL(titlePaneUid); pTitlePane->SetTextL(...); //set the title text here