This template is used by Template:ArticleMetaData to provide a default (English) translation. It can be copied to create translations in new languages.
Internal use only.
The template is automatically included in new articles. To add to an existing article, copy-paste the text below and replace the html comments with your own values. Note that empty values (and HTML comments) are not displayed, so there is no need to delete unused values.
|sourcecode= <!-- Link to example source code e.g. [[Media:The Code Example ZIP.zip]] -->
|installfile= <!-- Link to installation file (e.g. [[Media:The Installation File.sis]]) -->
|devices= <!-- Devices tested against - e.g. ''devices=Nokia 6131 NFC, Nokia C7-00'') -->
|sdk= <!-- SDK(s) built and tested against (e.g. [http://linktosdkdownload/ Nokia Qt SDK 1.1]) -->
|platform= <!-- Compatible platforms - e.g. Symbian^1 and later, Qt 4.6 and later -->
|devicecompatability= <!-- Compatible devices e.g.: All* (must have internal GPS) -->
|dependencies= <!-- Any other/external dependencies e.g.: Google Maps Api v1.0 -->
|signing=<!-- Signing requirements - empty or one of: Self-Signed, DevCert, Manufacturer -->
|capabilities=<!-- Capabilities required by the article/code example (e.g. Location, NetworkServices. -->
|keywords= <!-- APIs, classes and methods (e.g. QSystemScreenSaver, QList, CBase -->
|id= <!-- Article Id (Knowledge base articles only) -->
|language=<!-- Language category code for non-English topics - e.g. Lang-Chinese -->
|review-by=<!-- After re-review: [[User:username]] -->
|review-timestamp=<!-- After re-review: YYYYMMDD -->
|update-by=<!-- After significant update: [[User:username]]-->
|update-timestamp=<!-- After significant update: YYYYMMDD -->
|creationdate= <!-- Format YYYYMMDD -->
|author= <!-- Display as link [[User:username]] -->
The parameters are documented in more detail below. Note that only the Creation parameters are mandatory.
These parameters record the original article author. They are intended to give the author credit for their work, and to make it easy for readers to find out more about the author:
- creationdate=Article creation date, format YYYYMMDD.
- author=Original article author, format [[User:hamishwillee]].
The (optional) review parameters allow end-users to see the last date that an article was known to be accurate. With this information readers can still "trust" older articles.
The parameters can be updated by any wiki user who is technically competent in the article area.
- review-by=Reviewer user id, in format [[User:hamishwillee]]
- review-timestamp=Timestamp of review, in format YYYYMMDD
Articles may periodically receive a significant update. These parameters allow the author of the update to be recognised for their work, and alongside the #Review parameters, help end-users determine how likely it is that the content is still relevant.
- update-by=Update author in format [[User:hamishwillee]]
- update-timestamp=Update timestamp, format YYYYMMDD
Translated articles should use the following additional parameters to record the translator and translation version information. Note that these create links to the actual translated version of the topic:
- translated-by= Link to the translator user id - e.g. [[User:hamishwillee|hamishwillee]]
- translated-from-title= Name of original article: "Article Title"
- translated-from-id= Id of translated page. If the URL of the revision in History tab ends in &oldid=111747, the id is 111747
- language: Category code for the natural language (e.g. Lang-Portuguese, Lang-Chinese) to display the template in that language. Default is English.
- keywords: APIs, classes and methods of related articles
- id: Knowledge-base identifier. Should be applied only by Nokia knowledgebase team.
These option parameters allow you to specify the device and platform compatibility. This includes the actual devices and platforms you tested against (and know it to work for) and the ones you expect it to work against. To make it easier for users, also provide link to the SDK you used to build this against.
- devices: Devices actually tested against. For example Nokia C7-00. We prefer the full name of the device, but shorthand is "better than nothing".
- sdk: Actual SDK(s) built and tested against as a URL link
- platform: Compatible platforms - e.g. Symbian^1 and later, Qt 4.6 and later, Flash Lite 1.0
- devicecompatability: Compatible devices e.g.: All* (must have internal GPS).
- dependencies: Any other compatibility/dependency information not captured by above. For example dependency on an external API like Google Maps or a particular non-Nokia framework library.
Applies to secure platforms only (e.g. Symbian)
- signing: What level of signing is required. Empty means "Any". Otherwise use one of: Self-Signed, DevCert, Manufacturer.
- capabilities: Platform security "Capabilities" required by the article/code example (e.g. Location, NetworkServices).
These parameters provide direct links to downloads (source or installation files) associated with the article.
- sourcecode: Link to example source code e.g. Media:The Code Example ZIP.zip
- installfile: Link to installation file (e.g. Media:The Installation File.sis)
These parameters are deprecated, and will not be displayed even if declared
When added to an article, the header is displayed on the top right of the article, along with any information entered when the template was created. Note that parameters with no content are not displayed.