UML stands for the Unified Modeling Language and is a standardized graphical notation for modeling, representing, analyzing and documenting software systems.
The UML was defined at the Object Management Group (OMG), and is not restricted to modeling only the software. It also can be used for modeling business processes, organizational and contoling structures.
The UML is an extensible notation, which can be customized by profiling and stereotyping.
- CASE Tools and UML CASE Tools community and wiki.
- UML Resource Page of the Object Management Group – Resources that include the latest version of the UML specification
- UML basics: An introduction to the Unified Modeling Language Intermediate Level
- StarUML - Great open source software modeling tool
- Umbrello UML Modeller Open UML software
- Rational Rose - Classic UML modeling and model-driven development solution by IBM™